7 Step Prayer Process

     Perhaps the day gets away from you and you forget to pray.  Rather than going to bed without praying because you don't have the will or the energy to pray for 10 minutes, you can shorten the experience.  Take just one minute. Yes, one sinlge minute.  You can still go through each of the 7 steps, but just speak one line to God about one thing in each step.

1. Gratitude

    -Begin by thinking of a personal dialogue for whatever you are most grateful for today.

2. Awareness

    -Revisit the times in the past 24 hours that you were and were not the best version of yourself.  Talk to God about these situations and what you learned from them.

3. Significant Moments

    -Identify something you experienced today and explore what God might be trying to say to you through that event (or person).

4. Peace

    -Ask God to forgive you for any wrong you have committed (against yourself, another person, or Him) and to fill you with a deep and abiding peace.

5. Freedom

    -Speak with God about how He is inviting you to change your life, so that you can experience the freedom to be the best-version-of-yourself.

6. Others

    -Lift up to God anyone you feel called to pray for today, asking God to bless and guide them.

7. Finish

    -By praying the Our Father.


- I Heard God Laugh by Matthew Kelly

Comments

  1. Idk muh dood. I pray sometimes and it feels OK in the moment. But when I'm done, I can't seem to figure out what the benefit is... For myself or others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the “Roots of Prayer” post

      Delete
  2. I prayed this every night for like 2 weeks and it really helped me reflect on my daily life and realize patterns. I should still be doing it but I keep forgetting. It helped me, maybe if you stick to it then it can help you too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Judging Others is a Sin

Experiencing Jesus