Judging Others is a Sin

     "Whenever I judge another believer, four things instantly happen: I lose fellowship with God, I expose my own pride and insecurity, I set myself up to be judged by God, and I harm my fellowship with the Church.  A critical spirit is a costly vice.  The Bible calls Satan 'the accuser of our brothers'.  It's the Devil's job to blame, complain, and criticize members of God's family.  Anytime we do the same, we are being duped into doing Satan's work for him.  Remember, other Christians, no matter how much you disagree with them, are not the real enemy.  Any time we spend comparing or criticizing other belieivers is time that should have been spent building the unity of our fellowship.  The Bible says, 'Let's agree to use all our energy in getting along with each other.  Help others with encouraging words; don't drag them down by finding fault.'"

- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7 Step Prayer Process

Experiencing Jesus